- Entry of foreigners into the Republic of Lithuania is forbidden, except for drivers and members of crews, who are employed in Lithuanian companies operating international commercial freight transportation, or who carry out international commercial freight transportation by all the means of transport; residents of the Republic of Lithuania with residence permit; persons enjoying immunities and privileges under the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations (1961) and the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations (1963) and persons serving in NATO and NATO military units and the personnel serving them and their family members, as well as the exceptions referred to in paragraph 3.1.3 of this Resolution.
- Border crossing will be carried out at the following international border crossing points: Kalvarija – Budzisko, Saločiai – Grenstalė, Butingė – Rucava, Smėlynė – Medume, Medininkai – Kamenyi Log, Raigardas – Privalka, Kybartai – Chernyshevskoye, Panemunė – Sovetsk, Kena – Gudagai, Šalčininkai – Benjekoni, Vilnius, Kaunas, Palanga and Šiauliai international airports, Vilnius railway station and Stasylos railway border checkpoints and Klaipėda Seaport. Border crossing for commercial and/or international freight transportation will be additionally carried out at Stasylos railway border checkpoint and Pagėgiai railway border checkpoint, and the facilitated transit of persons through the Republic of Lithuania from the territory of the Russian Federation to Kaliningrad region of the Russian Federation and backwards will be additionally carried out at Kena railway border checkpoint and Kybartai railway border checkpoint.
- Persons returning to their country of residence shall be allowed to transit through the territory of the Republic of Lithuania without a stopover until 26 March 2020, 00:01.
- The citizens of the Republic of Lithuania shall not be allowed to leave the Republic of Lithuania, unless they have to return to the place they live, go to their place of employment or have the permission of the Head of the State Border Guard Service under the Ministry of the Interior or his authorised person.
- Persons who have returned from foreign countries shall fall subject to 14 days’ isolation, except for drivers and members of crews, who are employed in Lithuanian companies operating international commercial freight transportation, or who carry out international commercial freight transportation by all the means of transport, and who have no COVID-19 (coronavirus infection) symptoms, also diplomats and special couriers working on transit trains referred to in paragraph 3.1.3, and who have no COVID-19 (coronavirus infection) symptoms.
- Restrictions shall be imposed on the flows of passengers using long-distance and suburban regular passenger transport services: they shall be required to travel seated maintaining the distance of at least one meter from each other. Special safety precautions shall be taken by disinfecting the vehicles at the beginning and end of the trip for each route. This provision is recommended for urban passenger transport too.
- Entry of cruise ships into Klaipėda State Seaport shall be prohibited.
- There shall be no restriction on the movement of goods.
If you are a foreign citizen planning to return to your home country during the quarantine, we strongly advise contacting your embassy immediately. Here’s a list of Lithuania-based embassies and consulates.
Photo: A. Bazyk